Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sample Odes

Classes 9-13:

I hope you've all had a delicious dinner and that you are studying hard :) If you are still confused about how you should compose your ode, I have provided here a couple of examples that my students wrote last summer camp. Ch-ch-check 'em out...

Ode to Pasta

Oh Pasta, Oh Pasta,
How can you make pasta so fast-a?
You melt in my tongue
and your breath is gone to my lungs

Your delicious sauce
Is how I enjoy you, of course.
When the noodle is sucked
And the sauce is mucked,
I am eating you, Pasta.

You are the most delicious
Oh, how precious!
If an alien tastes it,
And then, so says the alien,
'It's too bad
It's just Italian!'

Here's another one...

Ode to my MP3

When I'm sad,
and when I'm mad,
you help me to calm down.

When I get bored
and just staring at the white board,
you help me to think of a song.
When I have nothing to do,
in a bored mood,
you help me to do something.

You always help me.
You always calm me down

I love you,
and you will always be loved by me

No comments:

Post a Comment